Spend time in the great outdoors this summer by hitting the local trails then grabbing a drink at these Denver bars and breweries with outdoor patios. From small and intimate to large beer gardens, there is something to suit everyone’s style. Here are among the top outdoor patio bars in Denver, CO, in no particular …
Welcome to Mile High Happy Hour!
Bar and restaurant guide for Denver’s neighborhoods and suburbs. Discover (sometimes current, sometimes old) happy hour food and drink specials for nightlife in the Mile High City.
Follow our Mile High blog for a locals’ guide to the best bars, nightlife and dining.
About Denver, Colorado
Denver boasts a population of around 650,000 residents, including more than three million in the Denver-Aurora-Boulder metropolitan area. The Mile High City has bars for everyone’s tastes. No matter where you live, work, or play, there’s always a happy hour to be enjoyed. There are more than a thousand bar and restaurants listed on Mile High Happy Hour. Some of them out-of-date, so please let us know and we’ll correct it.
Happy hours vary, but most begin between 3 and 4pm, and run until around 6 or 7pm. They are often only available in the bar/lounge areas of restaurants. Many of Denver’s best happy hours include specials on both food and drinks. Our sister-site, Uncover Colorado has a guide on the best neighborhoods in Denver, if you’re looking to visit or move-in.
Getting around Denver is fairly easy thanks to a great selection of public transit and driver services.
- RTD – Both Lightrail (train) and Bus schedules run day and night. Free Mall/Metroride buses run between Union Station and Civic Center Station.
- Metro Taxi – Colorado’s largest and greenest taxi fleet. 303-333-3333
- Denver Yellow Cab – Large Denver taxi fleet since 1924. 303-777-7777
- South Suburban Taxi – Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Centennial, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Parker. 303-888-8888
- Uber – Safe, affordable ride within minutes. Big area includes Golden, Boulder, Brighton, Castle Pines, Aurora and everything in between.
- Lyft – Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Coverage area includes most of the Metro, similar to what Uber’s service area is.
Latest in Mile High Happy Hour
With Denver’s recent surge in new developments wiping out some of the city’s oldest bars, there are still a few classics still standing today. What remains of Denver’s historic bar scene is all thanks to those who have stepped in to save these historic establishments. Each of these watering holes brings a piece of Denver …
Learn How to Say Cheers in Different Languages
Saying cheers with your friends is the traditional way to kick off your evening. Spice it up next time, and learn how to say cheers in different languages, from Japanese to French. Santé!
If you’re planning to do shots before you head out on the town, be sophisticated about it. Drink your poison out of one of the best shot glasses to buy, you’ll look cooler imbibing that way. And remember a few famous drinking quotes to impress your comrades.