With a beautiful backdrop of the giant Lake Dillon and mesmerizing Dillon Dam, Silverthorne is a gorgeous place to be year-round. The tourist hot spot attracts visitors to its variety of shops, bars and restaurants. It sits at a crossroads of three highways: Highway 9 (north to Kremmling/Steamboat), Highway 6 (south to Dillon and Keystone) …
Welcome to Mile High Happy Hour!
A bar and restaurant guide for Denver, Colorado’s neighborhoods and suburbs. Discover (sometimes current, sometimes old) happy hour food and drink specials for nightlife in the Mile High City. Get inspiration on where to plan your next Colorado happy hour!
Follow our Mile High blog for the lowdown on the best and newest bars, nightlife and dining.
Neighborhoods and Suburbs of Denver, Colorado
These suburbs of Denver, Colorado each feature unique bars and restaurants, as well as amazing happy hours. From Downtown to Five Points (RiNo) and Lone Tree to Golden, we feature a range of metropolitan Denver. View mountain towns and far off Colorado bars on beyond Denver.
Featured Denver Bars
Happy Hours Outside of Denver Metro
There are a myriad of different bars to saddle up to around the great state of Colorado. With with each populated town usually providing at least one watering hole, there’s always hope for happy hour. We’ll round up the most popular destinations outside of the Denver Metropolitan Area. Best Bars around Colorado From Trinidad to …
Colorado’s Top Bars:
- Crested Butte
- Denver Airport
- Fairplay and Alma
- Glenwood Springs
- Idaho Springs
- Snowmass Village
- Steamboat Springs
- Winter Park
About Denver, Colorado
Denver boasts a population of around 650,000 residents, including more than three million in the Denver-Aurora-Boulder metropolitan area. The Mile High City has bars for everyone’s tastes. No matter where you live, work, or play, there’s always a happy hour to be enjoyed. There are more than a thousand bar and restaurants listed on Mile High Happy Hour. Some of them out-of-date, so please let us know and we’ll correct it.
Happy hours vary, but most begin between 3 and 4pm, and run until around 6 or 7pm. They are often only available in the bar/lounge areas of restaurants. Many of Denver’s best happy hours include specials on both food and drinks. Our sister-site, Uncover Colorado has a guide on the best neighborhoods in Denver, if you’re looking to visit or move-in.
Getting around Denver is fairly easy thanks to a great selection of public transit and driver services.
- RTD – Both Lightrail (train) and Bus schedules run day and night. Free Mall/Metroride buses run between Union Station and Civic Center Station.
- Metro Taxi – Colorado’s largest and greenest taxi fleet. 303-333-3333
- Denver Yellow Cab – Large Denver taxi fleet since 1924. 303-777-7777
- South Suburban Taxi – Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Centennial, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Parker. 303-888-8888
- Uber – Safe, affordable ride within minutes. Big area includes Golden, Boulder, Brighton, Castle Pines, Aurora and everything in between.
- Lyft – Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Coverage area includes most of the Metro, similar to what Uber’s service area is.
Thanks for visiting Mile High Happy Hour! Always drink responsibly and get a safe, sober ride home.